Wednesday, December 26, 2018

The First Kiss


I remember my first kiss.
I remember the events that led to it.
I remember that stroll in the park,
And the sudden realization that dawned upon us.
Maybe, maybe just for one night,
We could escape.

And escape we did.
Bags were packed in haste,
Lies were told to friends,
And off we went.

Along the bus ride,
When the evening sun went down,
It was dark and quiet.
He brushed his lips on my cheek,
And I was in a haze,
Can't recall rest of the way.

Next, I know,
We were in a hotel room.
All freshened up and ready to sleep,
And then he took me by surprise,
Kissed me on the lips,
And left me mesmerized.
I let it linger for a while,
And kissed him back with all my might.

I remember the wetness of the kiss.
I remember how much I loved his lips.
I remember how overwhelmed I felt.
I remember my first kiss,
To the smallest details.

We had many a secret rendezvous since then,
Each time getting bolder and better.
I loved him with all my heart,
And gave him all I had.
It was an all-consuming love.
But today, as I scribble these words,
I wonder, should you really let love,
Consume you at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Those Were the Good Days of My Life

So full of energy, so full of fun Enthusiasm seems to run in the veins of each and every one Love one moment, curse the next But ea...