Thursday, October 25, 2018

What makes me Jealous?

In my campus, the professors live with their family within the campus. Most of them have little kids, who have made the roads their own personal playground. Post 5 or 6pm, the chillar party can be seen racing their bikes or playing football.
What makes me jealous?
Their carefree nature. They don't have to meet deadlines. Their friends don't need to make arrangements from a week before for a single video call. They don't have loans to worry about. They are living in the cocoon of comfort and love and hell, yeah I am jealous of them.
It reminds me of my childhood days. We lived in a colony. Festivals were a big deal. Say, it's Diwali. The entire block comes together to burst crackers and celebrate the festival of lights. Whereas, today, it's Mahaashtami.(The eighth day of Goddess Durga's 10 day visit). I am in my room, back for a small break, after attending classes for four hours, and will go back to classes again.
Now, this is not to be confused with the Peter Pan syndrome, where an adult refuses to grow up, but this is rather a nostalgic feeling, reminiscences of my childhood days.
And so, yeah, I want my childhood back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Those Were the Good Days of My Life

So full of energy, so full of fun Enthusiasm seems to run in the veins of each and every one Love one moment, curse the next But ea...